Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sailing to Panama

I left from Cartagena and sailed to Panama. It was a pretty city that I wanted to get the hell out of. It was nice to leave.This whale and her baby guided us as we made our way out into the Carribean. I am pretty sure it was a Bryde's whale, but I could be wrong.
We sailed past this tiny island and set up anchor. It was like an island from a Far Side Cartoon.

Another tiny island. There were 2 sets of huts there where the Kuna indians live. They were very hospitable and nice.

On the other side or our anchorage there was this island, which had a few groups of houses, including one that sold cans of cold beer for 1 Balboa, the currency of Panama (which is just a US Dollar).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate the story and the ugly pictures!

i have seen better....

kapitan ¨don`t call me` happy