Sunday, October 14, 2007

If you don't like it, don't eat meat. ¡Evo viene!

This was taken minutes before I almost keeled over and died from lack of oxygen. Before the Evo came there were soccer tournaments and other feats of strenght. I took part in the bike race and came in last by about 15 minutes. But I still have my pride?
For the town's anniversary they slaughtered 5 llamas in addition to the pig. It's not every day that the president comes around.

This cute little girl was sort of interested in what was making all the noise. She was looking inside the pen where the next picture was taken. This is how we get bacon. I didn't eat this pig, and wouldn't eat any pig that was killed in my town. They eat from the latrines (which are right next to the stream see below).

As you can see, I was really keen on helping with this one. Check out the disgusting, trash filled, project for the rainy season stream in the background.


This little girl was so curious, it was almost disturbing, and yet cute at the same time.

The townsfolk from our whole county crowd in to see Evo, please remember that I got to shake his hand.Evo and the Prefectura, who is the equivalent of the governor of Oruro province

Evo right before he takes off back to La Paz with some lawyers from my town.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's sooo awesome that you got to meet the president!!!!!!!!! i heard him speak on Democracy Now, and he sounds like a really awesome, down to earth guy...how do people like him out where you are? Ooo, I'm so happy for you, George, sounds like you've been having a fantastic time in Bolivia! See you soon!