Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My bother Matt's Alaskan wedding for the record books extravaganza!!!!

Illamani (Ee-ya-ma-ni) at over 21,000 feet is the breathtaking focal point of the La Paz skyline. This is the night before leaving for the wedding 6,500 miles to the northwest.
My family rented out this lodge and most of the following pictures are from the area around it. It was beatiful and tons of fun.

The lush, mossy, greeness was such a contrast to the altiplano that I had to take a picture.

This is the view from the front of the lodge. The chapel where the actual wedding went down is hidden in the peninsula to the left. Look at the difference in the shape due to the huge tide variation, which can change up to 30 feet during new or full moons.
We had a picnic and a hours long mushball game which was one of the highligts of the trip.
The McGuan boys and my brother-in-law Chris went go sock some dingers Matt and Stone
Matt burns all symbols of his former, single life at the bachelor party bonfire.
My dad, the poker shark, making some easy money. I learned everything I know about poker from my dad, and it pays off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What? No comments? Your brothers should be piling on here, proclaiming my poker genius and lavishing gratitude upon me for the lessons given freely for which I had to pay hundreds of dollars (mostly to your uncle Mike) in my misspent youth.