Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lauren and Corque

My friend Lauren came to visit and helped easing my way back into altiplano life once again after eating alaskan seafood and seeing my whole family at the wedding. She did PC in Bangladesh so she can relate.
Thanks for coming Lauren!!!!
Rocking out at my site, Corque, for a July fourth bonfire. Tons of fun!
Big fire.Franz and Tania chose to ford the river instead of waiting for the next raft. They saved several days but lost 3 oxen and 50 pounds of flour. Later in the journey one of the party died of ameabic dysentary.
An incredibly curious herd of llamas came right up to us, although there was some speculation that they were being hearded this way.
After a hike we came back to the plaza and had a local specialty, chicharon de llama.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice pics george. I am about to get on my flota for Pampa. I look forward to coming back out there next week. Take care and text me

Unknown said...

Love it George. Keep on being a big person. I missed you. L